As part of our special Prostate Cancer Awareness Month coverage, we brought together some of the leading figures from the world of prostate cancer advocacy to discuss the different ways that they engage with patient communities.
The webinar, Engaging with patient communities – tailoring approaches to address unique challenges, included on its panel:
- Jamie Bearse, CEO, ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer
- Thomas Farrington, President and Founder, Prostate Health Education Network
- Chuck Strand, CEO, Us TOO International
- Jenny Kite, Assistant Director, Stakeholder Engagement, Astellas (moderator)
In a session that offered plenty of tips, advice and insight relevant to the whole patient advocacy community, they spoke about:
- Building local and global connections to increase awareness, improve education and learn from what others are doing
- Teaming up with other groups (e.g. advocacy groups, clinicians, church leaders, support group networks) to reach as many people as possible
- Using innovative techniques to make sure you connect with people in the manner that engages with them the most
Watch the full webinar below.