With ever-increasing weight placed on the value of healthcare treatments and interventions – shifting from the traditional fee-for-service payment model – it is vital that the patient community plays a role in the evolving value assessments.
The National Health Council (NHC) has created a Value Model Get-Ready Checklist to help ensure that the patient voice is heard in the value debate. The list helps patient organizations prepare to work with other stakeholders to develop, implement and assess value models, breaking the process down into six simple to follow steps.
- Step 1. Advanced preparation – as early as possible
- Step 2. Decide to engage (or not engage)
- Step 3. Define your position
- Step 4. Know the FDA timeline for the treatment(s) involved
- Step 5. Engage with developers
- Step 6. Follow through
To download the full checklist, please click here.
For more information, visit the NHC website at www.nationalhealthcouncil.org.